The Cleveland Cavaliers starting lineup has taken the league by surprise this season.
To the surprise of many, the Cleveland Cavaliers starting lineup has proven to be one of the most effective in the NBA.
More from Hoops Habit
- NBA odds: Sacramento Kings should bounce back at Golden State
- Houston Rockets: Will Russell Westbrook be a problem on offense?
- 5 most memorable Chicago Bulls moments from 2019
- NBA Power Rankings set up for epic Milwaukee Bucks-Los Angeles Lakers clash
- Trade proposition from Miami Heat for the Memphis Grizzlies
Through 10 games, Cleveland holds a 4-6 record, leaving them tied for the seventh-best record in the Eastern Conference.
The starting five of Collin Sexton, Darius Garland, Cedi Osman, Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson has jumped out to a red-hot start. With a net rating of plus-14.6, the Cavaliers first unit stands as one of only nine five-man lineups that has played at least 60 minutes together to post a double-digit rating.
Much of the team’s success can be attributed to the new head coach, John Beilein. The rookie coach has made a smooth transition from the college game, injecting a sense of urgency and energy into the Cavaliers.
As a result, the Cavaliers have been competitive in nearly every game this season. Even when playing top-tier teams, Cleveland has managed to demand respect from each opponent.
There is no telling if the Cavs can keep playing at a high level. Today, let’s break down what each member of the starting lineup has been doing and determine if this is a trend they can keep up.