The LA Clippers just wrapped up the most surprising and successful offseason since the 2010 Miami Heat. How does each move grade out?
More from Hoops Habit
- Sixers: Enough disappearing acts from Ben Simmons in the playoffs
- The Dallas Mavericks can’t afford to get their pick for next GM wrong
- NBA: Ranking the head coaching vacancies around the league
- Brooklyn Nets: Kevin Durant’s Game 5 performance is one for the ages
- Paul George needs to be the real Playoff P for the LA Clippers
With the Golden State Warriors’ dynasty in ruins (or at least on ice), the Clippers went all in on the next two years, hoping to bring a championship to the franchise for the first time.
The team’s offseason was so successful they’ll enter the 2019-20 campaign as the title favorites (plus-350 per Las Vegas Superbook). The moves the team made were as follows:
Free Agency and Trades
*Kawhi Leonard (signed)
*Paul George (trade with Thunder)
*Maurice Harkless (trade with Trail Blazers, Heat and 76ers)
*Danilo Gallinari (trade with Thunder)
*Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (trade with Thunder)
*Garrett Temple (signed with Nets)
*Wilson Chandler (signed with Nets)
*Tyrone Wallace (waived)
*Sindarius Thornwell (waived)
It’s time for a closer look at the changes the Clippers made over the off-season, as well as some less heralded deals.