During Sunday’s Rookie Photo Shoot at the New York Knicks practice facility in Tarrytown, N.Y., 38 rookies were surveyed on eight questions, including who they thought would be Rookie of the Year and which of them would have the best career.
The 10 questions:
- Who will be the 2014-15 Rookie of the Year?
- Which rookie will have the best career?
- Which rookie is being most overlooked?
- Which rookie is the most athletic?
- Which rookie is the best shooter?
- Which rookie is the best defender?
- Which rookie is the best playmaker?
- Which rookie is the funniest?
- What will be the biggest adjustment for you, playing in the NBA?
- Who is your favorite player in the league?
There were conditions: The rookies surveyed could not vote for themselves, college teammates or NBA teammates.
So here is a breakdown of the results, as well as a look at how past rookie classes have done forecasting their peers. This was the sixth year the survey has been conducted. It was initially done in 2007, resumed in 2009 and has been done annually since, except for the lockout-shortened 2011-12 season: